Gingered Beef Stir-fry
Makes 2 servings
- ½ pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut ½-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ cup diagonally sliced celery
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup red pepper strips
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Cut beef diagonally across grain into ⅛-inch slices.
- Heat oil in wok or medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef, salt, pepper and stir-fry until beef is browned.
- Add mushrooms, snow peas, celery, onions and pepper strips; stir-fry until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Blend ginger, cornstarch, soy sauce and water in small bowl; add to beef and cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.