Glazed Orange Rolls
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast (1 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 3/4 to 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (approximately)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbs. butter, softened
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 2 Tbs. grated orange peel
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbs. orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
3. In food processor, combine 3 3/4 cups flour and salt. Add yeast mixture and honey mixture, and process until dough forms a ball. Pulse on/off 4 to 5 times, until dough looks silky. Dough should not be sticky; If dough is sticky, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. Place dough into lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down dough, and turn out onto lightly floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into rectangle, approximately 14 x 9 inches. Spread butter over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides. Sprinkle Sugar and orange peel over butter. Starting with long edge, roll dough into a spiral, jelly roll-style. Pinch edges together to seal. Cut roll into 12 slices. Place slices on well-greased baking sheet. Cover rolls with greased plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until rolls are almost doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Uncover rolls, and bake until light golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and let cool slightly. While rolls are cooling, mix powdered sugar and orange juice in small bowl until well blended. Drizzle icing over rolls. Serve warm.