Granny Smith Apple Slaw
GRANNY SMITH APPLE SLAW This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hawkins Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- 5 granny smith apples cored shredded with peel and very well drained
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- 1 cup currants
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
In large bowl combine apples, carrot, currants and walnuts. To make dressing combine remaining ingredients then add 1 cup dressing to the slaw. Mix well and chill before serving. Add remaining dressing right before serving.
- ↑ "Catsrecipes Y-Groupp" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/s