Green Chile Stew
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 12 Anaheim green chilies
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tomatillos chopped coarse
- 2½ pounds trimmed pork cubed
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ medium white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin
- Chop chilies coarsely.
- Fry pork until barely browned.
- Grind garlic,cumin and peppercorns into paste in mortar.
- Add all ingredients together in large skillet and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix chicken broth and cumin mixture then add to meat in pot and simmer until meat is tender and flavors are blended.
- Add water as needed to make gravy and serve over cooked rice.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group