From Recidemia English
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks, carrots and water.
- Cover and cook until the leeks are very tender, about 15 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add 6 cups of broth and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add beans, green beans, zucchini, peas and asparagus.
- Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat, until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix parsley, basil, green onions and garlic.
- Stir into simmering soup.
- Add additional broth to thin soup if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated Parmesan if desired.