Green Potato Salad
This is a recipe my catering partner and I perfected at a big gala we catered in 1992. It was a huge hit and one I now make often at home and for card parties. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons green pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut eggs in half and place yolks in large bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in oil and green sauce.
- Add mayonnaise and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and mix well.
- Dice potatoes and add mayonnaise mixture along with celery, bell pepper and relish.
- Finely chop egg whites and stir into salad, mixing well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group