- olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled & finely chopped
- 4 slices of bread, omit crusts and finely chop up bread to a fine consistency
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 heaped tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- handful of grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp ketchup
- generous pinch of smoked paprika (or cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 12 slices thick smoked bacon
- 6 large burger buns
- 1 butterhead lettuce leaves, washed & dried
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 gherkins, sliced
- some pickled chilies
burger patties Preheat the grill. On low heat in a frying pan throw in a dash of olive oil and combine with onions, frying them for ~10 min until soft. Set aside to cool. Combine cooled onions and the rest of burger mix ingredients listed above. Mix together well. Divide into 6 equal balls. Form each mass into a burger patty shape, ~3/4" thick. Cover each with plastic wrap, into a greased pan to firm up in the fridge for ~1 hour.
spicy mayo Combine all ingredients from the spicy mayo ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
Have grill on high heat, each burger should cook for ~3-4 minutes on each side. Cook up bacon simultaneously. Cut buns in half and warm on grill.