Hawaiian Mango Chutney
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 small papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup apple cider or juice
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- Place all ingredients, except the kiwi, in a non-reactive saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and then cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower the heat as the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the kiwi and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow the chutney to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- If refrigerated, the chutney should keep for 2 weeks.
- Serve on the side of grilled fish, chicken or vegetables.