Hawaiian Pork Chops with Dressing
Makes 6 servings
- 6 lean Pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Steak sauce
- Brown Pork chops slowly in lightly greased skillet. Cover and cook until almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cook onions, pepper and celery in butter until tender. Add rice, pineapple, coconut, orange peel and salt. Toss lightly. Turn into shallow casserole; top with Pork chops.
- Mix pineapple juice, orange juice, brown sugar, mustard and Steak sauce for glaze. Brush over Pork chops. Bake at 375 degrees 30 minutes, brushing 2 to 3 times with glaze mixture.