- Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
- Yield: 8 servings (½ cup each)
- 1 lb (1 small head) green cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ cup raisins or currants
- In a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, poppy seeds, and raisins.
- Mix well until the dressing completely coats the cabbage.
Per (½ cup) serving:
- 58 Calories, 1g Fat | 1mg Cholesterol | 36mg Sodium | 12g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 9g Sugars | 3g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/