Prawn Noodle - Simplicity! just boiled pork and shrimp together with fish cake and bean sprouts in a spiced shrimp soup! It's addictive!!
Prawn Noodle - Hokkien Hae mee
Spice and Seasoning
- Boil pork ribs for stock.
- Shell and clean prawns.
- Crush and keep the shells for stock.
- In the wok, fry pork fat till crisy.
- Remove and live some oil.
- Fry chopped garlic and chillie till fragrant, add prawn shells, fry briefly and add in stock.
- Boil for around 20 minutes.
- Strain and add pork.
- Once pork is cooked, remove and slice.
- Briefly cook the prawn in the stock and remove.
- Season the stock with pepper, dark soy sauce, salt, sugar and msg.
- In a separate pot of water, blanch bean sprout and kangkong, last throw in the noodles and briefly cook, then strain.
- (never over cook the noodles) put all ingredients in a bowl and pour prawn soup over, garnish with spring onions, fried shallots, fish cake and served with chopped chillie and garlic in light soy sauce.