Homemade Fluffy Horseradish Mayonnaise Dressing
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- This recipe yields about 1 cup of vinaigrette.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- dash cayenne
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pint olive or salad oil
- ¼ cup cider and tarragon vinegar, in equal parts
- ¾ cup whipped cream
- 4 tablespoons freshly ground horseradish
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- Combine dry ingredients with unbeaten yolks in a mixing bowl and beat together until stiff.
- Add part of the oil, beating it into the mixture drop by drop at first, proceeding more rapidly always keeping the mixture stiff.
- When it begins to thicken add a little vinegar; alternate the oil and vinegar until blended.
- Stir in whipped cream, ground horseradish and Tabasco sauce.
- Mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.