Hot Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Original recipe
- Makes about 3 cups
- ¾ cup (96 g) powdered Chinese mustard
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- ½ cup (120 ml) + 1 tablespoon (15 ml) white wine vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) + 1 tablespoons (15 ml) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing well to form a smooth sauce.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour before serving at room temperature.
- Transfer to a serving dish and offer a small spoon for serving the sauce.
- Serve alongside the steamed dumplings.
Per 1 tablespoon serving:
- 8 calories (< less than 1% calories from fat) | 1 g protein | trace total fat (0 saturated fat) | 1 g carbohydrates | 0 dietary fiber | 0 cholesterol | 114 mg sodium
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/