Iranian Shish Kebabs
- 2 lbs filet of beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Cut the beef into 1-inch cubes.
- Place in a mixing bowl together with the onion, allspice, salt, black pepper, and lime juice.
- Mix well then cover and refrigerate for 4 – 6 hours.
- Thread the beef onto barbecue skewers, along with chef’s choice of veggies and/or fruit, and cook over hot coals for 15 minutes turning 3 or 4 times and basting with any remaining marinade throughout cooking.
- Serve hot.