Iraqi Bread Salad
- Put the parsley into the processor bowl and process until finely chopped.
- Add the oil lemon juice Sugar salt washed and trimmed radishes quartered tomatoes and trimmed spring onions.
- Process until thoroughly blended and the vegetables are chopped into fairly small flakes then transfer the mixture into another bowl.
- Without washing the processor bowl or blade put in the slices of bread broken into rough chunks and process until you have fine breadcrumbs (you may have to scrape the bowl down a couple of times).
- Add 125ml water and process again for 3 seconds to mix thoroughly.
- Take out and mix the breadcrumbs with the vegetable dressing.
- Taste for seasoning.
- It may need a little more liquid in which case add up to another 225ml water to moisten the breadcrumbs.
- Line a dish with the inner leaves of the cos lettuce and fill the centre with the bread salad.