Italian Tuna Salad
This is so good, and it's much lower in fat than regular tuna salad. I saw a few versions of this, but this one is a bit different. I don't use as much red onion, usually about ½ the amount called for, but I posted it in its original amounts. by JenPo
- From "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group"
- ©2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
- 6 servings
- 10 min
- 10 min prep
- 2 (12 ounce) cans solid albacore tuna, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- Mix all ingredients.
- The way it is pictured served in the recipe is stuffed in a round loaf cut into 6 wedges.
Calculated for 1 serving (151g)
- Calories 211 | Calories from Fat 85 (40%) | Total Fat 9.5g 14% (Saturated Fat 1.9g 9%, Polyunsat. Fat 3.9g, Monounsat. Fat 2.6g, Trans Fat 0.0g) | Cholesterol 47mg 15% | Sodium 805mg 33% | Potassium 307mg 8% | Total Carbohydrate 3.2g 1% (Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1%, Sugars 2.0g) | Protein 27.0g 53% | Vitamin A 128mcg 2% | Vitamin B6 0.3mg 13% | Vitamin B12 1.3mcg 22% | Vitamin C 0mg 1% | Vitamin E 4mcg 13% | Calcium 27mg 2% | Magnesium 40mg 10% | Iron 1mg 8% | Alcohol 0.0g | Caffeine 0.0mg
- "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends