The key to this salad is finely chopping the kale leaves. The finer they are, the more they will absorb the dressing and the easier they will be to eat. This salad is a great opportunity to practice good knife skills.
- From "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group"
- Source: www.wholefoodsmarket.com
- Serves 6
- 2 bunches kale leaves, very finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Place the kale leaves in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, chili powder and salt.
- Pour over kale and toss to combine well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
Per serving (About 1½ cups / 121g-wt.):
- 130 calories (90 from fat) | 10g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 3g protein | 11g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 0g sugar) | 0mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium
- "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends