German potato salad From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: Biergarten, Germany, Epcot Center
- Makes 3 cups
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp minced herbs, (tarragon, parsley, sorrel)
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp onion, grated
- 4 large baking potatoes
- In a small bowl, combine oil, herbs, beef broth, vinegar, mustard, sugar and onion.
- Set aside.
- Steam potatoes until tender.
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/16th inch slices while still warm.
- Add to oil mixture and mix carefully.
- Let stand 1 hour or until potatoes have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Mix again without break potatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group