Kenyan-style Collard Greens with Lemon
- Wash the collard greens in several changes of water.
- Remove the stems.
- Stack the greens a few at a time and cut crosswise into ½-inch wide strips.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the collard greens and cook 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and jalapeno; saute 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the greens, salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and cook 1 minute.