A rice and bean dish that can be easily prepared in a crock-pot. Also if you have a stomache-ache this is easy on digestion and very nutritious. I find it great after a hard workout because it facilitates prana.
- 10 cups water
- 1 cup mung beans
- 2 cups basmati rice
- Wash the rice 3 or more times until water runs nearly clear.
- Place all ingredients in crock-pot.
- Optionally you can sauté the spices in ghee before placing in pot.
- Make sure pot does not become dry add more water as required, cook until most of the water is absorbed and everything is real soft and kind of mushy consistency.
- Ayurvedically speaking choose the spices and vegetables that best suit your dosha.