Kolhapuri Mutton Rassa
- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Add salt, turmeric and ginger-garlic paste to the meat pieces.
- Mix well and reserve for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add cloves, peppercorn, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, aniseeds and red chillies.
- Add onion and brown.
- Add coconut, tomatoes and brown.
- Grind to a paste and reserve.
- Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker and add meat and potatoes.
- Stir fry till brown.
- Add masala.
- Paste and salt.
- Add water if needed and pressure cook till meat is soft.
- Remove from the cooker into a serving pot.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with chapaties.