Korean Beef Kabobs
Using a good cut of meat is key, so it will be very tender. Use Beef tenderloin or sirloin (choice at the minimum). The longer you marinate the Beef the better the flavor (over night at a minimum). Cooking time does not include time to marinate.
This recipe is for 4-6 servings. Preparation: 30 minutes.
- 2 lbs beef, chunks (cut 2-inch thick)
- 1¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup cooking sherry
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cut tenderloin or sirloin Beef up into big chunks (2" x 2" cubes). Score 1/4' deep all sides with a sharp knife (several slices per side). Using a two prong fork, pierce the meet repeatedly on all sides (3 or 4 times per side). This will allow the juices to work their way deep into the meat.
- Chop the scallions (just the white part) and mince the garlic.
- Add all the ingrediences together and pour over the meat in a non-reactive container. I use a large zip lock bag.
- Marinate the meet for at least 12 hrs (24 is best).
- Place the meat on skewers with your choice of veggies in between. I like onions, bell peppers, and Mushrooms.
- Grill over hot coals turning occasionally and brushing often with remaining marinade. Cook to desired doneness.