- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk until smooth, which will probably take a lot of whisking to get the tomato paste mixed in.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low; and simmer, uncovered, for about 50–60 minutes or until the mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and add more Worcestershire and/or liquid smoke if desired.
- Cool, then store in a covered container in the refrigerator to allow flavors to develop.
- This sauce will keep for months in the refrigerator.
- The recipe doubles or triples very well, so make a big batch, and keep it in the fridge all the time.