Layered Mushroom Casserole
From "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group"
- Makes 9 servings
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1½ cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg substitute
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- Spray square pan, 9x9x2 inches with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine mushrooms, cottage cheese, green onions, rosemary and garlic and mix well.
- Place 4 slices of bread in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the bread with mushroom mixture and top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Beat milk and egg substitute and pour over the casserole and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until mixture is set and top is browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes and cut into 9 pieces.
- Calories 162 | Fat 4 g | Carbs 21 g | Sodium 362 mg | Fiber 3 g
- "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends