Layered Strawberry Dessert
Fresh ruby red strawberries give your taste buds a treat. The juice is sweet and tantalizing. Even the aroma of fresh berries excites the palate and prepares the way for a great adventure in eating. Try this recipe as you partake of a fruit that is luscious, beautiful in color, and heavenly in any menu plan. Enjoy!
- Contributed by ©Arleen M. Kaptur March 2002, Author of books and articles on living a simple, rustic lifestyle - and getting the most from each and every day. Excerpt from strawberry/chocolate Recipes by Arleen M. Kaptur
- Arleen Kaptur may be contacted at http://www.arleenssite.com email@example.com
- http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/profile.cfm?writerid=3502 to view more of her articles.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2½ tbsp strawberry “jello” powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1¾ cups cold milk
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2½ cups whipped heavy cream
- In a pan combine the “jello” powder, sugar and cornstarch.
- Slowly add the water and stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, cook, stirring constantly, until syrup has thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the strawberry slices and set aside.
- In a mixer, combine the cold milk and the pudding mix.
- Beat on low for 2½ minutes, until thickened. Set aside.
- In a clear glass bowl (to allow the colors to show) place half of the angel food cubes.
- Also pour one-half of the pudding over the cubes, then one-half of the strawberry mixture, topped with one-half of the whipped heavy cream. Repeat the process.
- Garnish with slivers of chocolate.
- Your guests will feel the luxury with every bite.