Lentils with Onions and Jalapeno Chilies
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) dried Lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 4 - 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbl (45 ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 tbl (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the Lentils in enough boiling water to cover by 3 inches (8 cm)
- for 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly and toss with the remaining ingredients. Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature.
- Serves 4 to 6.