Liberian Jollof Rice
Procedures to learn how to make my country food
- Season Chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it stand about five minutes. Brown the Chicken in a frying pan with one half cup hot oil. Then, put the Chicken in a large pot.
- In the same frying pan add Onion, one half pound cubed salt Pork, Ham, or Beef.
- Fry these lightly and add to the Chicken. Combine one small can mixed vegetables (drained), one small can of tomato paste, three Chicken bullion cubes, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer ten minutes.
- Add three cups of rice, stir well, and cook slowly 35 – 45 minutes.
- Variations could include Shrimp or spare ribs. Variations of vegetables could include string beans and stewed tomatoes. Three types of meat are often used.