Light and Fresh Tuna Salad
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: n/a
I've always enjoyed a good "salad." Something about them hits me right where I need to be hit, usually. Tuna salad, potato salad, egg salad, macaroni salad.... they're all delicious. But, I'm also from the midwest, so, it might be a "country bumpkin" type thing, but, I do love them. I've always made impromptu salads on my own, but took a bit of time to prepare a decent finger food for company using the "tuna salad" formula. These are light, fresh, delicious and a bit more filling than you'd think.
- 2 cans of chunk light low sodium tuna in water (the stuff that's not greasy)
- ½ to 1 cup of low-fat Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 6 green onions
- ½ of a Roma tomato
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 loaf of Ciabatta bread
- First things first: chop the onions, tomato and garlic
- Drain the cans of tuna and place in a large bowl
- Mix the tuna, Miracle Whip, onions, tomatoes, ketchup and garlic in a large bowl.
- cut the Ciabatta in 8 pieces and slice the bread, so as to create a pac-man like opening (what a description!) and place the tuna salad equally in each piece and serve!