Lobster Meat with Stewed Rice
- Split lobster lengthwise down the middle and remove center vein.
- Clean the lobster by removing the viscera (but save the livers and roe) and the veins and crack the claws.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt, dot with butter, and roast in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Brush with butter once or twice.
- Remove claws, crack, and take out all meat, including the tail meat.
- Reserve shells.
- Dice meat, mix with liver and/or roe found in lobsters.
- Prepare a roux (brown the flour in butter), add onion and green pepper, and cook until tender; then stir in tomatoes and the tomato paste to make a gravy.
- While gravy is simmering, boil shrimp in ½ cup water with salt and split bay leaf for 15 minutes.
- Retain stock.
- Add stock to gravy, stir in salt and pepper, then lobster meat and shrimp, continue simmering until well cooked.