Low-fat Banana Rice Pudding
- 1½ cups brown rice — cooked, 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 medium banana — cut in slices
- 1 can fruit (15-ounce can) — cut in slices
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the banana and fruit slices, water, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until quite tender but not mushy.
- Add the rice and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 more minutes. Serve warm.