Low-fat Spanish Rice
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice (I prefer regular cooked rice)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- ⅔ cup diced green bell peppers
- ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (5.5 ounces) can tomato juice
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add rice, onion, and bell pepper; saute 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- If using regular rice cook rice first.
- Add rice to sautéed ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.