M'qalli Chicken with Olives
- 2 chickens
- 3 onions cut into slides
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 coffee spoonful of ginger
- A little bit of saffron
- 1 soup spoonful of lemon juice
- 1 glass of water
- 2 preserved lemons cut into slides
- 10 preserved green olives
- Clean and drain the chicken, salt it, leave it for 2 hours, then clean and drain it again.
- Cook it in a pressure cooker with onions, garlic, saffron, ginger, lemon juice, salt and water, mix and cover, then cook on a middle fire, till the chicken is almost cooked, add lemon slides, olives and cook for 5 mn on a little fire.
- Present the chicken in complete, watered with sauce and decorated with olives and preserved lemon slides.