Macaroons   are little almond cookies, popular in the southwest of France and near the Spanish borders.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp good-quality apricot jam, strained
- yolk of 1 large egg, beaten
- Warm oven to 325 degree F.
- Combine the ingredients together.
- Create a smooth paste consistency.
- Dip hands in iced water and qickly roll into a long roll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Leave to chill for a few hours before baking.
- Line a try with buttered parchment paper.
- Cut slices at 1/2" in size.
- Bake for ~10 min, until tops are lightly browned.
- Cool for ~10 min, then enjoy.