Macher Tela Jhol
- Ethnicity - Bengali, East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Cut the fish, preferably rohu, into darnes after descaling and apply salt and turmeric. Set aside.
- Deep fry the fish till crisp and reserve.
- Smoke oil and crackle kalonji seeds.
- Make a paste of turmeric and red chilli in water and add to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, slit green chillies and salt and simmer. Add fish pieces and simmer.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.