From Recidemia English
- Separate leaves from cabbage head.
- Cut each into several triangular pieces, cutting away stems.
- Dip leaves a few at a time in boiling salted water until they become pliable.
- Prepare stuffing of meat, rice, tomato, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Place tablespoon of stuffing on each triangular leaf, fold sides toward center and roll up from bottom into a cigar shape (see illustrations with stuffed vine leaves).
- Press together firmly.
- Place layer of meat bones to form a rack on bottom of pressure cooker.
- Add two whole garlic cloves.
- Put cabbage rolls in layers over the bones, placing them close together so that they will keep their shape.
- Add water, lemon juice and sprinkle with more salt.
- Cook under pressure 20 minutes.
- Open cooker and sprinkle mahshi with the cloves of garlic which have been crushed with the dried mint and salt.
- Sprinkle with half a teaspoon of sugar if desired.
- Simmer several minutes more.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Serve hot.
- This amount makes about 50 rolls.
- To serve, pour off the sauce and carefully turn the cooking pan upside down so that the cabbage rolls are turned onto a platter, or dip fingers in cold water to facilitate handling the hot rolls, and arrange the rolls one at a time on a serving platter.
- Cook without pressure if desired.
- Prepare as above and simmer gently until rice is tender in barely enough water to cover.