Mango and Tomatillo Salsa
Fruits and Veggies Matter, Adult Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 10 tomatillos, husked and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving (optional).
- Tomatillos look like green tomatoes in a paper-like brown husk. Select tomatillos that have a tight-fitting husk. Peel back a small part of the husk. Make sure the fruit is firm with no flaws.
- Too spicy? Only use half of the jalapeno pepper.