Just like granny used to make. A very sticky everyday treat that's delicious served with butter or ginger marmalade.
- Preheat oven to mark 4 / 350°F / 180°C.
- Grease and line tin.
- cream butter sugar and syrup together until very pale.
- Gradually stir in eggs and marmalade alternately with sifted flour and baking powder and ginger.
- Add sufficient orange juice to give a soft dropping consistency and spoon mixture into tin evenly.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until golden and firm to touch.
- Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.