Maryland Crab-Corn Stew
This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cleaned and chopped
- few drops hot sauce
- 1½ cups half and half
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Put onion, potatoes, water, oregano, salt and white pepper in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook slowly, covered, 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Mix in crab meat, corn, tomato, green pepper and hot sauce.
- Continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Add half and half and parsley.
- Leave over low heat long enough to heat through.