Mashed Yams with Eggs
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Serves 2 to 4
- Boil yams or potatoes, then mashed smoothly with a fork; or, prepare instant mashed potatoes using directions on package, but using water instead of milk.
- Prepare gravy in a saucepan by flying onions and seasoning in palm oil.
- Add tomatoes if desired.
- Remove from heat.
- Mash 2 egg yolks and stir into gravy.
- Stir gravy into mashed yams and mix well until color is even.
- Empty into a bowl and decorate with remaining whole eggs.