Mathura ke Dubkiwale Aloo
- Ethnicity - Awadhi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 6 potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- Cut the boiled potatoes into cubes. Mash them slightly. Keep aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp. oil in a heavy pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When they pop, add the mashed potatoes, turmeric, ginger, mango powder, Sugar and salt.
- Add water to make into a thin gravy.
- Remove from the heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil.
- When it is hot, pour it over the potatoes and immediately sprinkle with chilli powder and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with pooris.