Meat Balls Cassoulet
- Rinse beans.
- Soak overnight in 4 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Drain; set aside.
- Combine beef and sausage.
- Form into 36 x 1-inch meat balls.
- Brown in large skillet; drain.
- Combine beans, meat balls, onion, celery, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, paprika, remaining 3 cups water and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 to 1½ hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and carrot.
- Simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Top each with mound of fluffy rice.