Mediterranean Pizza I
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (7-ounce) jar dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic gloves
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 (12-inch) Italian bread shell
- 3 large California avocados peeled and sliced
- 1 (3-ounce) log goat cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving oil.
- Saute onion in 1 tablespoon reserved oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Process tomatoes, remaining reserved oil, garlic, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Spread tomato pesto over bread shell; top evenly with onion, avocado, and goat cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.