Mediterranean Red Pepper Sauce
- Source: Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 07.12.07
- Prep time: 10 minutes | Start to finish: 10 minutes
- Makes about 1 cup
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 x 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Combine almonds, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper in a food processor; pulse until the almonds are ground.
- Add peppers, oil and vinegar; process until smooth, stopping several times to scrape down the sides of the work bowl.
- To make ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per 1 tablespoon serving:
- 26 calories | 2 g fat (0g sat fat, 1g mono fat) | 0 g fiber | 0mg cholesterol | 2 g carbs | 0g protein | 61 mg sodium.
- Carbohydrate servings: 0
- Exchanges: free food
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/