Mexican Orange Fudge
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes about 48 pieces
- 3 cups sugar,divided
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 cup non-dairy liquid coffee cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Golden color and rich flavor is achieved by the caramelization of the sugar, and the addition of orange rind.
- Melt 1 cup sugar in a heavy 3-quart saucepan, stirring constantly so it does not burn.
- Very carefully,add boiling water to mix.
- Add remaining sugar, coffee cream, and salt.
- Place over medium heat and stir until all ingredients are blended together and mixture boils.
- Cook to 238°F without stirring.
- Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm, beat until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape.
- Fold in grated orange rind and nuts.
- Spread in a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cut into squares.