Mixed Seafood Risotto
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked U.s. arborio or medium-grain rice
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fish stock, divided
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups diced fresh seafood (clams, shrimp, lobster, crab meat, whitefish, or mussels)
- 1 cup crushed Italian plum tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook onions and garlic with pepper in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add rice; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup stock.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup stock and water, allowing each to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency.
- It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add seafood, tomatoes and Italian seasoning; cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Do not overcook seafood.
- Sprinkle with parsley.