Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes 4 cups
- 16 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup finely slivered onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cup fresh orange juice (from 3 or 4 oranges)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (from 2 or 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, onion, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add the onion mixture and cook, stirring, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the orange juice, lime juice and vinegar and cook another 5 minutes for the flavours to blend.
- Cool to room temperature.