Moro de Habichuelas
- Heat 3 spoons of oil in an iron pot and add the herbs, , spices and the salt.
- Stir while adding the tomato paste. Add the beans, also while stirring, then add the chicken stock. Once well heated, add the remaining water and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and stir regularly to avoid excessive sticking.
- When all the water has evaporated cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer on very low heat.
- Wait 15 minutes, uncover, stir, and add the remaining oil. Cover again and wait another 5 minutes. The rice should be firm but tender inside.
- If necessary, cover and leave another 5 minutes on very low heat.