Moroccan Vegetable Stew
This stew is authentically Moroccan and provides a nutritious, filling meal!
- This recipe serves 4.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium butternut squash, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 400 g garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 400 g stewed tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted prunes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a pan and, when hot, add the carrots, squash, and onion for 10 minutes.
- Add the garbanzo beans, stewed tomatoes, prunes, cinnamon, salt, crushed red pepper, and 1½ cups water and boil. After a few minutes, reduce to a low heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Cook the couscous in the vegetable broth, covering and leaving for 10 minutes. The bowl must be covered in clingfilm else it won't work.
- Finally, add the cilantro to the vegetables, stir for a few minutes and serve.