Mozamibiquan Tomato Rice
This is a very popular way to prepare rice . It is served with poultry, meat and seafood.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup peanut oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced hot red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white rice
- Place the chopped onion and the minced garlic in a skillet with the peanut oil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, hot red pepper, and the bay leaf.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are almost puréed.
- D pepper.
- Stir in the 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice; stir; cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Stir and serve as a side dish for meats or poultry.