Mr. Morris' Salsa Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, cloves and allspice.
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender.
- Add the salsa, beating 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Next beat in the eggs and water, beating another 3 minutes.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans or one large bundt pan. Line the pan(s) with parchment paper.
- Pour in batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Note that the cake may take longer to cook if baked in a bundt pan.
- In the meantime, prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- Cool cake on wire rack then frost with cream cheese frosting.